Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Don't steal this book!

Well, since the Language Loggers are unabashedly shilling their own old-fashioned paper 'book', I figger I can officially endorse the following, a hardcopy of which I rest my eyes upon even as I type. Useful as a paperweight, for throwing at the TV, and even maybe for introducing English morphology to undergraduates (also with some phonological, psycholinguistic, semantic & historical coverage). Will Leben says it's very special. Bart Simpson and eggcorns make cameo appearances. Get one for yourself and one for a friend!

http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/book.asp?ref=0631230319&site=1

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cool! I should check it out for a course I’m teaching in the fall.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I really liked when I first got the book was the truly well-done cover. I mean, er, great covers on Linguistics books? by Blackwell? :-P

Otherwise, I had no time to go past the cover -- what with the conference and the admin and all... :-(

11:20 PM  
Blogger hh said...

thanks, guys! good luck w/ the conference, loxias --

12:59 AM  
Blogger The Ridger, FCD said...

Hey - if you're going to shill it, it should be in stock! Just kidding - I'll wait for it to come in. Looks good.

5:35 PM  
Blogger hh said...

Hmm! I think the paperback is indeed available... at least, it says so on Blackwell's site, and loxias got one... But the hardcover isn't. And of course it's way better to buy the hardcover. :)

10:10 PM  
Blogger hh said...

...oh, i see now; clicking through to the purchase page at Blackwell it says 'forthcoming' even for the paperback! that's just wrong.

but i'm sure it'll be available posthaste. Really!

10:13 PM  
Blogger The Ridger, FCD said...

It just came! I've browsed through it and it looks thorough and readable, and I've spotted a couple of things I can use in class.

Cool beans!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home