Wednesday, August 01, 2007

LSAngst!!

Agh! It's 12:21 AM, Wed. Aug 1st, 2007, in Arizona. By my reckoning, that makes it 3:21 AM of the same day 'EDT'. Abstract submission for the 2008 meeting of the LSA is supposed to close at 5:00 pm EDT on this day. However, when I click on the "Abstract Submission" button helpfully provided on the LSA website, it pulls up a page which reads,

Online abstract submission for the 2008 Annual Meeting is now closed.

This cannot be true, no? And after I'd made our abstract so perfectly less than 500 words? What is going on? Agh!

Update: I see I'm not the only one -- Claire has had the same experience. Hopefully they will fix this. I expect that they'll have an inbox full of abstracts waiting for them tomorrow morning (mine certainly is there).

Update: Aha, they've fixed it! And even extended the deadline. Excellent.

PS. hello again after a long summer-travel-and-then-work blog hiatus. Ridger, I'm gonna pick up that meme one of these days-- been gone, hope you haven't thought I was non-taggable!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Ridger, FCD said...

Oh, my, no!

Glad to hear about your abstract.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home